Faces of Lodi Health
Rebecca Olvera, CDM, CFPP Director, Nutrition and Food Services
Things you may not know about Rebecca:
· Her stress management is working in her garden.
· She loves her three dogs and two cats.
· She grows tomatoes and a lot of herbs.
· Her department goals are to make the Vineyard Cafe a place where everyone wants to eat and to expand the catering options.
· She loves to see the cafe filled with people, and is constantly improving the selection of the cafe with healthier options.
What Rebecca has to say about working at Lodi Health:
“I am very proud to say that I have been a part of many changes in the Nutrition and Food Services Department. New kitchen with room service (October 2011), and a new cafe (July 2012).”
Susan Henderson, DTR, CDM, CFPP
Things you may not know about Susan:
· She is an avid runner for more than 15 years.
· She loves to cook and try new foods.
· She and her husband have a 26-year-old daughter and 23-year-old son.
· She has a twin sister who is 5-foot-11, and who is a high school calculus teacher.
What Susan has to say about working at Lodi Health:
“I consider myself very fortunate to work in a profession I love, with people who are amazing to work for and with. My years at Lodi Health have been full of constant changes and challenges that have kept me learning and growing.”
Tracey Sims Taylor, Senior Surgical Technician/Operating Room
Things you may not know about Tracey:
· She has physician-assistant training and an associate degree as a surgical technician.
· She is very energetic, smiles a lot, loves to work and loves making her patients smile.
What Tracey says about her job:
“I love my job, and I’m not going anywhere. It’s like my second home. It’s fun to be here.”
Megan McVey, Urgent Care Ward Clerk
Things you may not know about Megan:
· She enjoys reading to her two children and taking them to the park.
· She enjoys creating arts and crafts with recyclable items.
· She attended the University of Nevada, Las Vegas for nursing.
· She graduated from HealdCollege in 2009.
What Megan has to say about working at Lodi Health:
“I love working here. I couldn’t be blessed with a better group of coworkers!”
Margarita Ornelas, Receptionist
Things you may not know about Margarita:
· She is married (39 years in November 2013).
· She has two daughters, one son and seven grandchildren.
· She is working on a cookbook of all her recipes for her children because they wanted specific directions for her dishes.
· She loves to sew and to bake.
· What’s her favorite thing to bake? “Everything!”
What Margarita says about her work at Lodi Health:
“I do patient registration and audits on a daily basis. Also, when needed, I ward clerk. I love greeting our patients at Urgent Care, and making sure all their needs are covered.”