Review public reports of health care quality measures
Now more than ever, patients have opportunities to become active participants in their care, including researching public-reported data to compare patient quality experiences. Below are some links to public reports from reputable state and federal agencies.
- Hospital Compare: This site by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services provides information on the quality of care patients receive.
- Hospital Safety Score: Provides grade rating on hospital safety.
- The Leapfrog Group: This group is an employer-based coalition advocating for improved transparency, quality and safety in hospitals.
- CalQualityCare.org: Resource to compare health care providers and quality locally.
- The Joint Commission: The Joint Commission evaluates and accredits health care organizations and programs in the U.S. Its accreditation process evaluates hospital compliance with their standards and requirements.
- UCompareHealthCare.com: Compares facility information, patient satisfaction, readmission rates and more.