Location and hours
Lodi Memorial Hospital
975 S. Fairmont Ave. map
Lodi, California 95240
Enter on Fairmont Avenue
Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week
When you have a medical emergency, you want an emergency room you can trust. The emergency department at Lodi Memorial Hospital is equipped to handle most urgent illnesses and injuries with state-of-the-art equipment.
When should I go to the emergency room?
If a medical emergency arises, get to an emergency room or call 9-1-1 as soon as possible. Emergency medical personnel transport patients to the nearest emergency room.
What is a medical emergency?
If a medical condition arises suddenly, and a patient believes that his or her life or health could be in jeopardy if immediate medical treatment is not received, patients should go to the emergency department. Some examples include:
- Signs of heart attack or stroke
- Severe shortness of breath
- Bleeding that will not stop after 10 minutes of direct pressure
- Major injuries (like a head injury)
- Coughing up or vomiting blood
- Homicidal or suicidal feelings
Should I drive to the ER or call 9-1-1?
If you answer yes to any of the questions below, or if you are at all unsure, call 9-1-1.
- Is the condition life-threatening?
- Could the condition worsen and become life threatening on the way to the hospital?
- Could moving require the skills or equipment of paramedics?
- Would distance or traffic conditions cause a delay in getting to the hospital?
How to prepare for a visit to the ER:
- If possible, bring a friend or family member. When you are experience a serious injury, it is helpful to have someone there who can help describe symptoms and share family or medical history.
- ER registration staff will ask you for photo identification (if possible), allergies, medications you’re currently taking, as well as family and personal medical history.
- Follow up with your primary care physician after you leave the emergency room. This is important to make sure you and your doctor stay on top of your health and medical history. Click here for information on Lodi Health’s medical practices and physicians.
Care for all
Lodi Health continues its long-standing dedication to treating all patients who need care, regardless of their ability to pay.