Maternal Child Services
Lodi Memorial Hospital
975 S. Fairmont Ave.
Lodi, CA 95240
Lactation Hotline: 339-7872
From prenatal care to childbirth and lactation education, Lodi Health’s Maternal Child Department is here to help mom and family through the entire pregnancy and delivery process. Experienced nurses and lactation specialists are always available to make delivery as easy as possible and to answer the toughest questions. The nurses and educated staff have many years of experience; not only do they have exquisite knowledge, they are a caring team of women who can and do anticipate every need.
Why moms feel most secure having their babies at Lodi Health:
- Every patient gets her own room with a private bathroom and shower.
- Each room is inviting for dad or support person, with a sleeper chair and flatscreen TV.
- Family members can wait in a sepate waiting area just outside the labor and delivery area.
- Lodi Health delivers more than 1,000 babies every year.
- You can take comfort in knowing that the nurse who begins helping you when you come in will stay with you until after your baby is delivered.
- Doctors, nurses and educators provide high-quality medical care and personal attention throughout pregnancy, labor and delivery.
Baby-Friendly USA and The Golden Hour
Lodi Health has one of the only labor and delivery centers in the region dedicated to implementing Baby-Friendly USA and The Golden Hour values that focus on the health benefits of breastfeeding and immediate contact between mother and baby. Lodi Health believes the first hour after birth is in an important time for mother and baby to bond, and the hospital encourages its babies to spend time with their mothers before they are even taken to be weighed and measured.
Classes and support groups
Whether you’re expecting your first child or growing your family, a new baby can change your way of life. Lodi Health offers these classes and support groups to help make the transition as smooth as possible:
- Childbirth-preparation class: This class prepares mothers and coaches for the labor and birth experience. Topics include relaxation and coping techniques for labor; comfort measure for pregnancy, post-partum and emotional adjustment; physical changes; wellness exercises; breathing techniques, alternative delivery methods (cesarean birth); and anesthesia. One session, no cost. Classes are held Saturdays from 9am-4:30pm.
- Stork tours: Take a complimentary tour of the Lodi Memorial Hospital labor and delivery areas. To schedule an individual tour, call 209.339.7879. Download a Stork Tour flier here.
- Breastfeeding: Getting off to a great start -- One session, no cost. Classes are held Thursdays from 6:30-8:30pm.
- Breastfeeding success for working moms: One session, no cost. Participants must first attend “Breastfeeding: Getting off to a great start.” Classes are held Tuesdays from 6:30-8pm.
- Big brother/big sister classes: Children will learn how to hold and burp the baby and safety around the newborn. One session, no cost. For children ages three to eight. Classes are held Wednesdays from 3-4:30pm.
All classes are held at Lodi Memorial Hospital, 975 S. Fairmont Ave., Lodi. To register for classes, call 209.339.7520. You may also download and print this Childbirth Education brochure with registration information.